How do I add PROOF to each of my images in Batch Process?

CW
Posted By
Chris_Wiest
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I deal with about 2000 photos a month for a website and I was wondering, instead of me going out and manually adding PROOF to the photos is there a way for batch process to do it? People are ripping off the photos of the webpage (even at 78 kb size) and, since I’m on a Mac, I can’t use those programs that lock the site for no printing, file saving, etc. I want to add proof across the photos in big letters.

Any help would be apreciated!

Chris

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 12, 2004
There is no way to keep an image from being grabbed, PC or Mac. The methods you hint out only deter the honest people 🙂

Since Elements doesn’t have recordable actions, I know of no way to automate the process you seek.

You could do it easily with PhotoShop, assuming the pix are the same pixel dimensions.

Mac
CW
Chris_Wiest
May 12, 2004
Ok, how do you do that in photoshop? I have PS 7 for PC.

Chris
DS
Dick_Smith
May 12, 2004
You might want to take a look at "Picture-Shark" I think it may do what you want. picture-shark.com

Dick
CW
Chris_Wiest
May 12, 2004
They are. They are sent throught Batch process to resize them.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 12, 2004
You record an action, doing your proof text thing on one image.

Then you use automate/batch menu to play the action back on entire folder of images, will do them all while you have a snack.

Again, images need to be same size for the steps to work exactly the same on each image.

Mac
CW
Chris_Wiest
May 12, 2004
Thanks! They need someone to help them with a mac version, so, I guess I’ll have to help out with it. thanks for the help.

Chris
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 12, 2004
No prob…
Just read how to record an action and play it back.

Practice on a couple and etc. Be careful and don’t overwrite your origs. I’m sure you have them all backed up, eh?

Mac
CW
Chris_Wiest
May 12, 2004
Yeah, I do…..er, eh? 😀

Chris
D
davee
May 12, 2004
Take a look at the thread "How do I prevent people making copies of my jpegs" dated April 9th 2004. It may be useful.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections