LG
Posted By
Lisa_Grizzle
Oct 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just recently I’ve been having trouble saving for web. It happens when i’m trying to replace an existing file. I get an error message that the file is locked (which it isn’t) and then it puts this weird .tmp extension on my file and I can’t insert into my web pages. I eventually have to change the file name then go back and delete all the .tmp files. why is this happening?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JB
Jonathan_Balza
Oct 20, 2003
I have the same error, but only when I am saving across a network to a testing/staging server. Saving just to my hard drive is fine. I have a feeling that it has something to do with permissions and the fact it is a Novell Network I’m running across.

What are some more details to your problem? Are you saving across a network like I am, or just to the hard drive? What OS/Version of Photoshop? Does a "simple" reinstall fix the problem? – for me the reinstall did not fix the problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections