JM
Posted By
Jordan_Montgomery
Oct 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just downloaded and installed the Photoshop tryout. During installation I received a message from my system indicating that IMAGEREADY.EXE contained a virus.

Have others experienced this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Jordan_Montgomery
Oct 23, 2003
My anti-virus software also identified PHOTOSHOP.EXE as having a virus. It attempted to cure these files but was unable to do so.

Any ideas? Should I uninstall and download a fresh copy of the tryout? Is this unique to my system or is there indeed a virus in the files on adobe.com?
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 23, 2003
If you downloaded directly from Adobe’s website then I don’t think I’d worry about it. Keep in mind that you should always turn off anti-virus software when installing programs for just this reason.

Bob
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 24, 2003
Just to clarify…

"Keep in mind that you should always turn off anti-virus software when installing programs for just this reason."

Should read…

when installing trusted programs
CS
Carol_Steele
Oct 24, 2003
…… however you should always run your scanner over the .exe file prior to installation just in case somebody has inserted a virus into the setup.exe file.

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 24, 2003
when installing trusted programs

Indeed, it should. 🙂

Bob
JM
Jordan_Montgomery
Oct 24, 2003
I restored these two .exe files and ran another scan with my anti-virus software and got the same results. It says the infection type is a virus and the type is Win32/Unknown. And once again it was not able to cure the file.

I’m beginning to think that my anti-virus software is detecting the "time bomb" code as a virus. Does that make sense?
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 24, 2003
It’s possible. You haven’t told us what AV software you’re using.

Bob
JM
Jordan_Montgomery
Oct 25, 2003
I’m using Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus software with the InoculateIT signature version 23.63.0 updated on 10/17/03.

Just to be safe I’m going to back up my hard drive prior to launching these files.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 26, 2003
I’m using Computer Associates eTrust Antivirus software with the InoculateIT signature version 23.63.0 updated on 10/17/03.

I don’t understand that.
I use eTrust EZ AntiVirus.
Used to use the InoculateIT freebie version, which was discontinued about 2 years ago.

The current versions are:

Product Versions 5.3 and 5.4 – Signature file Version 2596

Product Version 6.0 – Signature file Version 4989

Product Version 6.1 – Signature file Version 4986

Is yours some corporate version or something?

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections