F
Posted By
frankg
Nov 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to get an Epson PictureMate 6×4 ‘personal lab’ printer to print directly from Photoshop – what do I need to have & do in order to get an accurate match from monitor to print. I have a colorvision spyder to profile my crt monitor.

The archival permanence of the prints is great – see here http://www.wilhelm-research.com/4×6/4x6_permanence_preview.h tml And I found a review here
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/epson_pm.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ryadia
Nov 23, 2004
"frankg" wrote in message
I would like to get an Epson PictureMate 6×4 ‘personal lab’ printer to
print
directly from Photoshop – what do I need to have & do in order to get an accurate match from monitor to print. I have a colorvision spyder to
my crt monitor.
———-
Photoshop 7 users get to use Epson’s "print image matching" routine which basically prints using the exif data in a file. CS users will have to hand over the print space to the printer to achieve "out of the box" close to correct colour.

Personally I find my Picture Mate a joke. It is slow, expensive and does not like to be used by computer programs. It prints faithfully from a flash card but try to get it doing the same from Photoshop CS? Well you might have more success than me!

I bought an Epson r310 (r300 in the US) and it is fast, accurate and doesn’t need to be tethered to a PC either. I get the bonus of a "real printer". Running costs are close to equal and if you do event work… The speed of the r310 is very noticable.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections