JE
Posted By
Jeffrey Ellis
Dec 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have four CD inserts which all were done using the same background image, but different graphics. While I was being taught how to do printing properly last night, I forgot what changes (changes only to level and saturation) I made to the first CD. Now, the other three have to match (at least as closely as possible).

Is there some way to get these images to all match now?

All My Best,
Jeffrey

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Dec 22, 2006
Step one: Work with adjustment layers and save a master copy of your files with all the layers included (I realize it’s too late now)

Step 2: Since you know you used levels and hue/saturation, make an adjustment level for each and experiment until you get something close to what you want. I realize you don’t remember exactly what you did, but you must have some idea of what was done, so it’s not hopeless
JE
Jeffrey Ellis
Dec 23, 2006
Isn’t there some way to simply match the color by selecting one color with the eye-dropper tool — say black or white — and then having PS adjust the color space of the image around that color? That would work mathematically wouldn’t it?

Maybe there’s a plug-in or something that does that?
B
Bernie
Dec 23, 2006
That would work mathematically wouldn’t it?

No, the changes are not neccessaily linear
JE
Jeffrey Ellis
Dec 24, 2006
Ah… thanks.

I guess I’ll just have to eye it 😉
B
Buko
Dec 24, 2006
Why not copy the adjusted part to the other files or base the other three on the the correct one .
JH
John_H_Daly
Jan 2, 2007
Can not match colours with BRIDGE and calibrated colours on Photoshop PS2 .I am using a MAc and OS 10.4.8 I have tried help on line , manual etc all I can find is ( Choose Edit > Creative Suite Color Settings.
Select a color setting from the list, and click Apply. ) I must be very special or else blind because there is no Creative Suite Color Settings option with my BRIDGE package so I cant pick the colour profile I want .

Can anyone help as I’m having to colour correct all pictures twice once in bridge from raw , then I have to do it again in photoshop as photoshop allows me choose the profile I require /
Thanks John
R
Ram
Jan 2, 2007
You only get " Edit > Creative Suite Color Settings" if you buy the whole Creative Suite. If you only buy Photoshop CS2, you don’t.

There’s no method of choosing a profile in Bridge by itself.
R
Ram
Jan 2, 2007
Incidentally, there’s a separate Bridge forum:

Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>
AN
Anthony_Neubert
Jan 29, 2007
In Photoshop Preferences > General you can turn on "History Log" and have it done as a metadata. To have it detail everything you have done have "Edit log items" on detailed

If this has already been done then you can open that first CD and go to File>File Info. Then look at the history. Somewhere in there it gives you all the information you did to that first one.

If you didn’t have it on, turn it on and it will help save you from having to match from eye from then on.
JE
Jeffrey Ellis
Jan 29, 2007
Hi, Anthony–

Extremely cool tip.

Thanks.

All My Best,
Jeffrey

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections