P
Posted By
powercat
Nov 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello I am looking for any hints anyone can provide me.

I have a lovely graphic at 300 dpi which I have been supplied in an Acrobat PDF file (standard page size). When I open this in Photoshop I guess it rasterizes this image so when I try to increase the size of the image several fold (for a sizeable poster) I end up with pixelation.

Is there any way to go from an Acrobat file to an object-oriented image so I can upsize the image size considerably?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
bogus
Nov 24, 2004
If the file was created as vector art you can open it in Illustrator and resize it without loss of detail.

Power Cat wrote:

I have a lovely graphic at 300 dpi which I have been supplied in an Acrobat PDF file (standard page size). When I open this in Photoshop I guess it rasterizes this image so when I try to increase the size of the image several fold (for a sizeable poster) I end up with pixelation.

Is there any way to go from an Acrobat file to an object-oriented image so I can upsize the image size considerably?

C
Corey
Nov 25, 2004
When you open the PDF file in Photoshop, you should be offered a panel to select the resolution. One thing to consider, too, is that posters are created to be viewed from a distance, so pixilation may not be that big a problem.

What is the resolution and size of the original image as compared to what you want?

Peadge 🙂

"Power Cat" wrote in message

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections