Posted By
Ralf_Biebeler
Nov 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a problem according the the scroll speed of Photoshop 7. When I zoom in a picture and want to use the selection tool, e.g., the scroll speed – when I go on to select something outside the current view – is way to fast. I never found a solution how to change this speed. Does anyone know what to do ?
Thanks a lot,
Ralf

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
wes
Nov 12, 2003
Hold the space bar down and move the document to a new location and then continue selecting.

wrote in message
Hi,

I have a problem according the the scroll speed of Photoshop 7. When I
zoom in a picture and want to use the selection tool, e.g., the scroll speed – when I go on to select something outside the current view – is way to fast. I never found a solution how to change this speed. Does anyone know what to do ?
Thanks a lot,
Ralf
DP
Daryl Pritchard
Nov 12, 2003
Hi Ralph,

I think that may be the curse of faster CPUs and graphics processors these days, and I’m not aware of any way to change the scroll rate. A usable alternative seems to be to briefly toggle to the hand tool to shift your image in the desired direction, by depressing the space bar. I don’t recall if this works with all the selection tools (without causing a release of the selection), but it does for some.

…..hmmm…seems I’ve got a problem doing just that, but I recall it working in the past.

Regards,

Daryl
RB
Ralf_Biebeler
Nov 13, 2003
Thanks, I think this seems to the only way that works.
bye,
Ralf
CW
Colin_Walls
Nov 13, 2003
This may help a bit: Have you noticed that the scroll rate is controlled by how far out of the view you move? If you just move over the edge it is slower. But with a fast processor, it is still too fast sometimes.

This is a reason why I only use selections for a rough cut, then work with masks [or QuickMask], which are so much more flexible.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections