Posted By
Zephyr77
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’ve been trying to convert a logo created in Illustrator to a custom shape in PSCS. I tried a recommendation of copying in Illustrator and then pasting into PS as a shape layer. Problem is that it only pastes the vector shapes and not the text.

What I am trying to accomplish is using my logo as a custom stamp for watermarking my photos. I was able to open it in PS but when I add an emboss filter and then change the blend mode to Hard Light for the transparency, it doesn’t work. It remains a solid image when applied to a photo.

Anyone have any advice on how to convert this logo as a watermark?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SM
sam_m_brown
Nov 13, 2003
To paste in the ector data first convert the text to curves in illustor, then copy paste into P-Shop.

Not sure about the Transparency prob as it workss fine for me – can you send a copy of the Illust. File?

On the embossing I usually use bevel/emboss in layer styles with the layers opacity at 100% but then make the transparency by adjusting the fill opacity – will give a lot more control and allow you to put a bit of the colour of your logo into the image…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections