PR
Posted By
Paul_Rupp
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any known reason why the wireless Microsoft keyboard doesn’t work on a consistent basis in PS CS?? For instance, when doing a selection for the rubber stamp, the ALT key does nothing, I have to press it several times to get it to respond, then sometimes it releases the key even though I still have it pressed down. Also, the [ and ] keys are sporadic at best for resizing.

I have made sure I have the latest software, am using Windows XP PRO on a 2.26Ghz machine with 512M ram.

I found that the driver that the computer "seemed" to be using was wrong, so I updated that and it still doesn’t work properly.

The keyboard is the Microsoft Optical Desktop Executive Edition mouse and keyboard set.

I had an older Logitech wireless and it worked fine, but it died.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Rupp

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 4, 2003
have you changed the batteries?

also my wireless logitech keyboard and mouse work off a signal from a single controller. push a small button on one of the devices "changes the channel"… the frequency the device operates at. does the ms keyboard have anything like that?
PR
Paul_Rupp
Dec 4, 2003
Dave,

It is brand new. And it does have the "connect" button on it just like the Logitech I just replaced.

Any ideas as to why it might be doing what I described above??

Thanks,
Paul Rupp
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 6, 2003
try pressing the connect button, try changing the batteries and make sure you reboot the system after you change them. also try moving the IR transmitter to make sure you have a "line-of-sight" to the keyboard.
PR
Paul_Rupp
Dec 12, 2003
This keyboard is not IR, it’s RF. The receiver is about 3′ away from the keyboard under the desk on top of the PC.

The batteries are new.

This is the second keyboard. I think I will return it this week and pick up a Ligate keyboard. My old one worked flawlessly till it died!! It was 3.5 years old.

Thanks,
Paul Rupp
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 13, 2003
have you checked out logitech desktop? i’ve had this one for about 4 years. upgraded the mouse from balled to optical about a year ago (logitech optical cordless) and as soon as i put the batteries in it was recognized immediately.

did I say IR? my mistake. RF is correct. There should be a frequency switch anyway. The is on the logitechs.
PR
Paul_Rupp
Dec 13, 2003
Yes this one has different "channels" as well. Still doesn’t work right, I often have to press the keys 2-3 times to get it to work in PS.

Time to return this one I think. I will on Monday if no one has any other ideas.

Thanks,
Paul Rupp
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 13, 2003
that’s about all I’ve got – if you’ve tried the default windows drivers that is. i’d bring it back. give logitech a try. i don’t think you’ll be disapointed. sorry i couldn’t be more help.

dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections