RC
Posted By
Ronald_Chambers
Dec 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS-CS on an XP Home sp1 system with 1gb memory and 240gb disk. The cursor in CS is very very slow to respond – not spatially though. When changing tools, the cursor will disappear for a moment and then show the new one. This does not happen in PS7. I have upgraded video software for my ATI 7500.

Is this related to other slowness questions stated previously?

Thanks,
RON C

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 5, 2003
how much ram ron? (and might as well give the rest of your system specs) I have 1 gig of high speed (pc3200 400mhz, 512 per stick) and notice slight pauses when switching tools, brush tips or moving from the image to the browser or back. i’d hate to see what it’d be like with much less ram. p4, 2.8 hyperthreaded, 800mhz fsb, scratch file on serial ata hd.
RC
Ronald_Chambers
Dec 5, 2003
I have 1 gb ram on a 2.4gHz P4 with 400mHz fsb.

The pauses are much longer than in PS7 and the cursor completely disappears.

RON C
SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 5, 2003
What percentage are you using for the Photoshop CS memory percentage? It should be about 10% lower than what you used for 7. Use Task Manager, Performance tab to watch the Available Memory amount. It shouldn’t fall below 15,000 (15MB).

-Scott

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections