B
Posted By
Bernie
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know if it is possible to change the COLOR of the cursor?

For example, I am trying to touch-up a number of old color portraits in which the backgroud is a near perfect match of the tool cursor. I find it nearly impossible to see anything. I am aware of the types of cursors that can be selected from Preferences but in all types, the color doesn’t change. There must be a way to make it stand out for editing purposes.

Brian

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
edjh
Jan 12, 2004
Brian wrote:

Anyone know if it is possible to change the COLOR of the cursor?
For example, I am trying to touch-up a number of old color portraits in which the backgroud is a near perfect match of the tool cursor. I find it nearly impossible to see anything. I am aware of the types of cursors that can be selected from Preferences but in all types, the color doesn’t change. There must be a way to make it stand out for editing purposes.

Brian
Unfortunately the answer is no unless they’ve done something in CS which I don’t have. Make it stand out by temporarily changing the Opacity or Blending Mode of your graphic or something else to make the contrast more apparent. I realize for color correcting this may not be practical. Sorry.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
G
gardion1
Jul 15, 2004
I also do not know how or if you can change the color but I run int wishing I could all the time. If anyone knows how please share, it i quite frustrating.

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:
*Anyone know if it is possible to change the COLOR of the cursor?
For example, I am trying to touch-up a number of old color portraits in which the backgroud is a near perfect match of the tool cursor. I find it nearly impossible to see anything. I am aware of the type of
cursors that can be selected from Preferences but in all types, the color doesn’t change. There must be a way to make it stand out for editing purposes.

Brian

gardion
———————————————————— ———– Posted via http://www.forum4designers.co
———————————————————— ———– View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message31361.htm
N
noone
Jul 19, 2004
In article , gardion
says…
I also do not know how or if you can change the color but I run into wishing I could all the time. If anyone knows how please share, it is quite frustrating.

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:
For example, I am trying to touch-up a number of old color portraits in which the backgroud is a near perfect match of the tool cursor. I find it nearly impossible to see anything. I am aware of the types of
cursors that can be selected from Preferences but in all types, the color doesn’t change. There must be a way to make it stand out for editing purposes.

Brian *

This has been a "talked about" addition to about the last three versions of PS. I have the same problem quite often, and continue to post requests for it to Adobe. If enough folk want this addition, I’m sure that Adobe will finally get around to adding it – at least I hope so. Having to find the marks on the ruler, then follow along until I find where the cursor is can be tough at times. Don’t know what coding changes would have to be done, but being able to select colors for the cursors, like viewing the colors of mask in Quick Mask, would be very, very nice.

Hunt
N
noreply
Jul 20, 2004
(Hunt) wrote in message news:…
In article , gardion
says…
I also do not know how or if you can change the color but I run into wishing I could all the time. If anyone knows how please share, it is quite frustrating.

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:
For example, I am trying to touch-up a number of old color portraits in which the backgroud is a near perfect match of the tool cursor. I find it nearly impossible to see anything. I am aware of the types of

Brian *

This has been a "talked about" addition to about the last three versions of PS. I have the same problem quite often, and continue to post requests for it to Adobe. If enough folk want this addition, I’m sure that Adobe will finally get around to adding it – at least I hope so. Having to find the marks on the ruler, then follow along until I find where the cursor is can be tough at times. Don’t know what coding changes would have to be done, but being able to select colors for the cursors, like viewing the colors of mask in Quick Mask, would be very, very nice.

Hunt

Until that time you can press the Ctrl key to show a pointer for where the cursor is which is a bit quicker than following the ruler markings and you can hold Ctrl while you move the cursor to get it to where you want.
HTH

Brian
(the other one)
W
wnor
Jul 20, 2004
I don’t know if this is just with my computer or not but as I was messing around with the suggestions of others here, I noticed that no matter which tool I have selected (marquee, clone, brush, etc.), if I hit the Alt key the cursor turns into a blue arrow which I can see and move to where I want to be. Hitting Alt key again will return the cursor to its original form. Anyone else find this to be true? Just wondered if this would help until other solutions are developed.

(mono) wrote in message news:…
In article , gardion
says…

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:

Brian *

Hunt

Until that time you can press the Ctrl key to show a pointer for where the cursor is which is a bit quicker than following the ruler markings and you can hold Ctrl while you move the cursor to get it to where you want.
HTH

Brian
(the other one)
N
noone
Jul 20, 2004
In article ,
says…
I don’t know if this is just with my computer or not but as I was messing around with the suggestions of others here, I noticed that no matter which tool I have selected (marquee, clone, brush, etc.), if I hit the Alt key the cursor turns into a blue arrow which I can see and move to where I want to be. Hitting Alt key again will return the cursor to its original form. Anyone else find this to be true? Just wondered if this would help until other solutions are developed.
(mono) wrote in message news:<38bc8f39.0407200237.2522e33

ing.google.com>…
(Hunt) wrote in message news:
….
In article ,
gardio
n
says…

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:

Brian *

This has been a "talked about" addition to about the last three versions
of
PS. I have the same problem quite often, and continue to post requests
for i
t
to Adobe. If enough folk want this addition, I’m sure that Adobe will
finall
y
get around to adding it – at least I hope so. Having to find the marks on
th
e
ruler, then follow along until I find where the cursor is can be tough at times. Don’t know what coding changes would have to be done, but being
able
to
select colors for the cursors, like viewing the colors of mask in Quick
Mask
would be very, very nice.

Hunt

HTH

Brian
(the other one)

Now there’s a tip. Yes, Brian, it works on my machine too. It would be nice if it worked with the Clone Tool, but Alt sets the sampling point. At least with most of the other tools, I can now find the cursor over gray. Thanks.

Hunt
W
wnor
Jul 20, 2004
Correction to my previous suggestion, the tool must have been used to have this happen. Or just click somewhere in the document or outside the document then hit Alt.

(Wesley Norman) wrote in message news:…
(mono) wrote in message news:…
In article , gardion
says…

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:

Brian *

Hunt

HTH

Brian
(the other one)
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 20, 2004
Hunt wrote:
In article ,
gardion
says…

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:

Brian *

Hunt

A good tip I got and use ever since is enabling mouse trails in windows. Just a short one, but it makes it so much more visible when lost in a grey area when using photoshop. Now all I need is an option to only enable this behaviour while using PS. (ControlPanel-Mouse-Pointer Options-Pointer Trails)

HTH
Pjotr
W
wnor
Jul 20, 2004
I am not Brian, but it also works with the clone tool. After you select the clone tool, just click somewhere on the title bar of the window, this does something, I don’t know what, and, then Alt. The arrow pops up. Again once you move the cursor where you want it just hit Alt again.

In article ,
says…
(mono) wrote in message news:<38bc8f39.0407200237.2522e33

ing.google.com>…
(Hunt) wrote in message news:

In article ,
gardio
n
says…

Thanks
Scott

Brian wrote:

Brian *

This has been a "talked about" addition to about the last three versions
of
PS. I have the same problem quite often, and continue to post requests
for i
t
to Adobe. If enough folk want this addition, I’m sure that Adobe will
finall
y
get around to adding it – at least I hope so. Having to find the marks on
th
e
ruler, then follow along until I find where the cursor is can be tough at times. Don’t know what coding changes would have to be done, but being
able
to
select colors for the cursors, like viewing the colors of mask in Quick
Mask
would be very, very nice.

Hunt

HTH

Brian
(the other one)

Now there’s a tip. Yes, Brian, it works on my machine too. It would be nice if it worked with the Clone Tool, but Alt sets the sampling point. At least with most of the other tools, I can now find the cursor over gray. Thanks.
Hunt
N
noone
Jul 20, 2004
In article ,
says…
I am not Brian, but it also works with the clone tool. After you select the clone tool, just click somewhere on the title bar of the window, this does something, I don’t know what, and, then Alt. The arrow pops up. Again once you move the cursor where you want it just hit Alt again.

[SNIP]

You’re right Brian (oops, I mean Wesley – sorry ,G>) it does work and I thank you. Until Adobe adds colors for the cursors, I’ll use your method.

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections