MN
Posted By
Michael_Newcomb
Dec 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just upgraded to Photoshop CS and I’m having a strange problem. If I save PNGs using either Save As or Save for Web the colors are being altered. For example I am using a blue ADD8E6 in the image but the PNG ends up with A5D4E3.

I have turned Color Management off and I have made sure the image has "Don’t Color Manage This Image" set in Image / Mode / Assign Profile.

Nevertheless when I use the image in IE color shift is always there. It’s annoying because the images no longer match the backgrounds in my web pages. (I am in a large corporate environment where all desktops are automatically maintained at the latest IE so PNG is very nice to use as a lossless 24-bit format)

Photoshop 7 _does not_ do this, I can still edit the images with 7 and everything is fine.

I have a feeling I have missed some setting that needs to be turned off — I want no color management at all for this work, I want the exact pixel colors to be exported. Can anybody help me figure out what I need to change?

Thanks,

Mike N.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 26, 2003
rerun adobe gamma from the control panel.
BN
bianca_ng
Dec 27, 2003
hi,

think i am having a similar problem — do you know how to "rerun adobe gamma" for mac os x? i am a new mac user!

thanks!
Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 27, 2003
Bianca,

You’d be best off posting in the Photoshop Mac forum. There’s a link at the top of the forum.
MN
Michael_Newcomb
Dec 29, 2003
Actually I tried rerunning Adobe Gamma before but I did it again and still no effect. The PNG is color shifted on output.

Mike N.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections