Posted By
andy_awh_imaging
Dec 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running PS CS on Windows 2000Pro.

If I re name images in the file browser one at a time there is no proplem. However, if I do a batch rename I still see the thumbnails but if I try to open on I get the error message. "Could not complete your request because it is not the right type of document".

The files are then of no use and I have to re load them and name them individually.

Any help please?

Andy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 27, 2003
Are you manually renaming the EXTENSIONS or just the file name?

If you have mixed file types in the folder, and do a batch rename in the browser, you will be changing (for example) tiffs to jpg’s by renaming them, not converting them. Photoshop will expect a JPG but the file structure will be that of a tiff, so you’ll get that error.

Peace,
Tony
AA
andy_awh_imaging
Dec 27, 2003
Hi

I am just doing a batch rename in the file browser with images of the same type (extention). I have put a screen dump on the web at <http://www.awh-test-area.co.uk/batch-rename.jpg> for you to see what I am doing. This was never an issue in PS 7.

Any help will be huge help

Regards

Andy
Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 27, 2003
You need to put "2 Digit Serial Number" in the box to the right of "Blooms", and have "Extension" UNDER "blooms". Look at the example. It says "bloomsgif01" with no period or extension. You want it to say "blooms01.gif". Good thing you put that image up or I’d have never figured it out.

Peace,
Tony
AA
andy_awh_imaging
Dec 27, 2003
Hi

I have just tried that – brillient – it works.

Andy

P.S. thanks for such a quick reply.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections