AP
Posted By
Ari Passopolos
Jan 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a new user of Photoshop 7 trying to create a .gif containing a single thing: a block of anti-aliased type.

Here’s what I’m doing: (1) Bring up PS7 (AA defaults to Smooth). (2) File->New (AA still Smooth). (3) Click Type tool and drag in workspace to create a frame (AA instantly grays-out and changes to None). (4) Type in lines of text and click Submit (AA is still None).

Same thing happens no matter which font I select. If I save the file as a .gif and bring it up in Paint at 800% all that’s there is black pixels.

Obviously I have to do something before (3) or after (4), but I’m going batty trying to figure out what it is. Can anyone help out? Thanks … Ari

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
edjh
Jan 6, 2005
Ari Passopolos wrote:

I’m a new user of Photoshop 7 trying to create a .gif containing a single thing: a block of anti-aliased type.

Here’s what I’m doing: (1) Bring up PS7 (AA defaults to Smooth). (2) File->New (AA still Smooth). (3) Click Type tool and drag in workspace to create a frame (AA instantly grays-out and changes to None). (4) Type in lines of text and click Submit (AA is still None).
Same thing happens no matter which font I select. If I save the file as a .gif and bring it up in Paint at 800% all that’s there is black pixels.

Obviously I have to do something before (3) or after (4), but I’m going batty trying to figure out what it is. Can anyone help out? Thanks … Ari
What Color mode are you in? Sounds like Bitmap. Use RGB when you make your new doc.

Why are you using Paint for anything?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
AP
Ari Passopolos
Jan 6, 2005
That did the trick! I was using Paint at a huge magnification to verify that extremely subtle anti-aliasing wasn’t the issue. Many thanks for your help … Ari

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections