S
Posted By
swissfondue
Feb 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I keep reading about how a color sync workflow is necessary to more or less guarantee that what I see on my screen is what I get when printing or sending digital images to an online photo developper. However I’ve never found a document telling me what settings I should use within the workflow.

My question is "what exact settings/profiles should I use for a workflow based on following hardware/software": Digital Camera HP R707 (only outputs JPEG)-> iMac G4 running OS X 10.3.7 -> Photoshop Elements 2.0 -> Canon Pixma IP4000 or an online photo developper. I’ve established an individual color profile for the iMac using the colorsync software in OS X and keeping the default settings for Gamma.

Should I always embed the iMac display profile in the pictures or use generic RGB instead (when Adobe rgd 1998 is not available)? What should I do when Photoshop asks if I want to convert the colorspace into RGB Adobe 1998? What should be my printer settings?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections