CY
Posted By
Chris_Yonge
Jan 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to create a file for the Point of Purchase Advertising show, and they specify a 3" by 3" image at 300 dpi in JPEG format. How does one specify the dpi in a JPEG? I can see no way to do this in PhotoShop, but they are very insistent in the form on the 300 dpi.

Chris Yonge

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
larry
Jan 6, 2004
Image>Image Size and specify 300 pixels per inch and 3 x 3 inches. Then when saving as a Jpeg, use Save As, not Save For Web.

Larry Berman
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jan 6, 2004
They should have specified ppi not dpi which is a common misuse of terminology. You control this by using Image – Image Size.
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Jan 6, 2004
There, problem solved.
CY
Chris_Yonge
Jan 6, 2004
I’ve been using PhotoShop for over ten years and never knew this. Thanks to all.

– Chris
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jan 6, 2004
Now, that makes me speculate what I´m missing out on…
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jan 6, 2004
So what is you don’t know then?
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Jan 7, 2004
"Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don’t know we don’t know." —Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld

Mmmmkay?
M
MarkATS
Jan 7, 2004
If we knew what we didn’t know, wouldn’t we know it?
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Jan 7, 2004
When in doubt, drop a bomb.
M
MarkATS
Jan 7, 2004
I think I know your brother Tom.
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Jan 7, 2004
Probably, he’s a cheeky little beggar. 😉

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections