Posted By
Scott
Feb 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I was hoping I might be able to get some input on what I’m doing incorrectly in this process.

I convert the work mode to monotone and apply single Pantone Color. > I’m unable save the work as a Photoshop PDF because the option for "Save as Transparency" is not available in Monotone work space. So instead I save as a native .psd file and place in Indesign which seems to work.>
When I view a PDF onscreen of the finished ID document things look fine, however, when I print it the colors are different – including the surrounding transparency area?

Converting to monotone work space must be the problem but I’m not sure how to go about this otherwise?

Thanks in advance,

SCott

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bogus
Feb 14, 2005
You need to save file in DCS format. Look in the help files under Spot Color. Tells you everything.

Scott wrote:

Hi,

I was hoping I might be able to get some input on what I’m doing incorrectly in this process.

I convert the work mode to monotone and apply single Pantone Color. > I’m unable save the work as a Photoshop PDF because the option for "Save as Transparency" is not available in Monotone work space. So instead I save as a native .psd file and place in Indesign which seems to work.>
When I view a PDF onscreen of the finished ID document things look fine, however, when I print it the colors are different – including the surrounding transparency area?

Converting to monotone work space must be the problem but I’m not sure how to go about this otherwise?

Thanks in advance,

SCott
T
Tacit
Feb 15, 2005
In article ,
"Scott" wrote:

When you print it on what? A home desktop inkjet printer? Consumer-grade inkjet printers are incapable of printing spot colors.

The only way to see if the document prints the way you expect it to is to print separations to a black and white PostScript laser printer. It makes no difference what the spot color looks like on your screen or on a consumer-grade color printer; your printing press operator will use the ink you specify to print that plate.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more!
www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections