AS
Posted By
Alan Smithee
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to duotone some black and whites to look similar to the warm tone I get with traditional black and white materials (Kodak Illord et al.) I find the blacks in my Epson printer tend to look a little on the blue/cool side. What second colour works well for toning warm. Thx.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
Odysseus
May 25, 2005
In article <c%Rke.1474936$>,
"Alan Smithee" wrote:

I want to duotone some black and whites to look similar to the warm tone I get with traditional black and white materials (Kodak Illord et al.) I find the blacks in my Epson printer tend to look a little on the blue/cool side. What second colour works well for toning warm. Thx.

It can be very hard to predict what will work in a composite print; each type of printer has its own way of rendering spot colours. But a ‘traditional’ approach would probably be to use one of the Pantone Warm Gray series as a second colour to add depth to the midtones, together with a contrasty black.

Odysseus
AS
Alan Smithee
May 25, 2005
Odysseus wrote:
In article <c%Rke.1474936$>,
"Alan Smithee" wrote:

It can be very hard to predict what will work in a composite print; each type of printer has its own way of rendering spot colours. But a ‘traditional’ approach would probably be to use one of the Pantone Warm Gray series as a second colour to add depth to the midtones, together with a contrasty black.

Sounds like a good starting point. Thx.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections