Conrad
Jul 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Action question from friend:

"I am trying to write an action to automate the placing of the fil number on the photo. I have all of the action complete with regard t resizing etc, but I am running into a stone wall as to how to pull th file number onto a text layer. I want this to run in a batch operatio as I have several hundred photos to process."

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Conra

Conrad

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Jul 5, 2005
Conrad wrote:
Hi,

"I am trying to write an action to automate the placing of the file number on the photo. I have all of the action complete with regard to resizing etc, but I am running into a stone wall as to how to pull the file number onto a text layer. I want this to run in a batch operation as I have several hundred photos to process."

TIA,

Conrad
Can’t be done with an action alone, but there is a javascript for this on the Adobe Exchange. Must have version 7 or above.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
JM
John McWilliams
Jul 6, 2005
Conrad wrote:
Hi,

"I am trying to write an action to automate the placing of the file number on the photo. I have all of the action complete with regard to resizing etc, but I am running into a stone wall as to how to pull the file number onto a text layer. I want this to run in a batch operation as I have several hundred photos to process."

Why, why, why?? Oh, ours is not to reason why, but to answer the question, tho I am curious blue.

Would utilizing the built in contact sheet do it? Or does he need the number embedded in the image …. for whatever reason I speculate mightily.

John McWilliams

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections