PK
Posted By
paul_kennard
Feb 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to use the action facility to batch process a large no. of images from jpegs with a white background to gifs with a transparent background. I have found that even though the gif has been saved ok (USING THE SAVE FOR WEB) and the settings recorded in the actions ok, when I try to batch process the images the transparent background is not there. Any ideas?
Paul Kennard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
larry
Feb 7, 2004
Convert the Jpeg to Index Color and specify the color to be transparent.

Image>Mode>Index Color
Image Mode>Color Table and use the eyedropper to pick the color to be transparent. File>Save For Web and choose Gif and check Transparency

One problem you’re going to have is that the action needs to be stopped to choose a color to be transparent, unless it can be incorporated into the action. Another possible problem to anticipate is that the white needs to be totally white or it will only be transparent in some areas.

Larry Berman
PK
paul_kennard
Feb 11, 2004
Thanks for your suggestions Larry, I will try again today. Regards
Paul Kennard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections