LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
No response to my earlier message. I went on a search of this through C:\…Application Data, etc, and wound up navigating to 8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings. I clicked on the folder, and inside was another Photoshop settings folder, along with all the rest of the stuff, (includung a Workspace folder). I clicked on that one…. and got another! All with the full slate of information. The last one did not have a CS folder, only the information, and no workspace folder, just the workspace icon.

Why so many? When I replaced the 8.0 folder from My documents, doesn’t that override the defaults in that folder? it looks as if I am only adding to a list, one of which is default, and that is the one PS uses.

Any help most appreciated!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Feb 17, 2004
Ok, no postings so I decided to play fast and loose with prefs. First, I looked for the most recent set, and saved it to My Documents. Then I saved the entire folder to another file. Then I deleted everything after C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence Hudetz\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0 and then copied the most recent file back. I started PS and everything is where it is supposed to be.

So, did I miss a step? I don’t remember anyone saying Delete. I remember people saying to install your saved settings over the top of the default. It seems that this didn’t happen. Instead, it became one in a series of CS Settings and PS went with the first it found, which is the default.

Frustrating. So, from now on, I will delete the current folder in Settings after Reset Prefs and copy mine to that spot.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections