Chuck_Stein
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS.
I have loaded a (signed) 16-bit image.
I want to view the values in the Info window, but the (right-click) menu choice for "16 bit" is grayed out, even though my image is grayscale 16-bit per channel (one channel only).

Your help is much appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 17, 2004
See the manual, and the preferences for that panel.
CS
Chuck_Stein
Feb 17, 2004
Oh yes, RTFM. Thanks, I hadn’t ever noticed how to get into the Info Preferences. That works.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 18, 2004
So chuck, what was the answer for those of use too lazy to RTGDM?
MM
Mick_Murphy
Feb 18, 2004
It’s in the palette options.
CS
Chuck_Stein
Feb 19, 2004
On the "Info" Display window, Photoshop CS, in the upper right corner is a little clickable trangle. This pops up a menu with a choice for "palette options". On the paltette options, at the bottom, is a checkbox for "show 16-bit values". When this is checked, then when you right click on the Info window, in the appropriate place, the "16 bit" at the bottom of the pop-up menu is not grayed out.

Why one needs to go through this is beyond me. If my data is specified as 16 bit, why do I need to check a box to un-gray-out an option in another menu …

It would be nice to have an option to display the values as signed also (that might be worth a check box).

Thanks all.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections