T
Posted By
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’m seeking a critique of a prototype of our website design. Color/content/interface/etc. suggestions welcome. The site is: www.lazyrecipes.com . Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
Gormless
Dec 14, 2005
"trevnix" wrote in message
Hi, I’m seeking a critique of a prototype of our website design. Color/content/interface/etc. suggestions welcome. The site is:

Hmm, a direct copy of Google?
Have you no imagination?

Searched: liver, carrot, onion, steak: nothing found.

Do you actually have any content?

So here’s the critique: shite.

Thank you,
Gorm
T
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
ok thanks Gorm! Any other suggestions? www.lazyrecipes.com
G
Gormless
Dec 14, 2005
ok thanks Gorm! Any other suggestions? www.lazyrecipes.com

Yes of course – don’t give up the day job.
T
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
Hahaha you’re an ass. someone hire this man
HL
Harry Limey
Dec 14, 2005
Hi, I’m seeking a critique of a prototype of our website design. Color/content/interface/etc. suggestions welcome. The site is: www.lazyrecipes.com . Thanks

Very simple – but simple is often best!!
obviously a limited menu as yet!
When I found a food there was a recipe for – rice – 3 recipes for that! – the links! at the top of the recipe page don’t work.
not sure about the being able to submit a recipe – I hope they are vetted first!!
Is this just a free service you are devising? –
T
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
Yes we need more content! We’re going to add a few hundred more recipes from various free sources and then move the site into a wiki format so users will be able to edit and contribute more easily. This is a free service–it’s impossible to make any decent money off of advertising these days anyways.
FN
Flo Nelson
Dec 15, 2005

I love the drawing on the home page, though I think I would increase the saturation of the colors a little to make it more eye-catching. Think the search item works well.

I wouldn’t give up on making revenue from ads – recipe sites are very popular these days. I knew someone who created an information site for nurses and made $10,000 a year in ad revenues (and that was ten years ago). He later sold it for a nice amount of money.

If you go for ads, though, I think you would need to beef up the home page a little with more content and perhaps add some about us pages, etc. I would add featured recipes and cooking hints or something like that to the home page.

Flo
R
rubik
Dec 16, 2005
On 14 Dec 2005 12:16:02 -0800, "trevnix" wrote:

cool except a sloth would never hold up his head like that.

too ambitious

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections