less jaggies, more noise, blur or something else?

M
Posted By
mikeomike
Mar 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a serie of 120 gif, pure bitmap 1 bit, black & white, no surpise it is very jagged.

How can I smoth the curves? I don’t have access to filters with gif. I can use filters them if converted (with bad results) in jpg.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
Tacit
Mar 27, 2006
In article ,
wrote:

I have a serie of 120 gif, pure bitmap 1 bit, black & white, no surpise it is very jagged.

How can I smoth the curves?

You can’t.

Use more than 2 colors when you make the GIF. Anti-aliasing wil lhelp, but you cannot anti-alias in a 2-color image.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
TA
True amateur
Mar 27, 2006
tacit a écrit :
In article ,
wrote:

You can’t.

Use more than 2 colors when you make the GIF. Anti-aliasing wil lhelp, but you cannot anti-alias in a 2-color image.
Make sense! Thank you!
D
D-Mac
Mar 27, 2006
tacit wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

You can’t.

If you use Corel Draw, you could vectorise the image. Once done, thin the lines and use that program to enlarge your drawing, exporting it as a gif when you are finished.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections