GH
Posted By
Gary_Hummell
Mar 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running WXP Pro, PS 7.0.1. I decided to try the File Browser not docked in the pallette well. Simply put, if I open an image when the File Browser is minimized, The Info pallette only displays color information for about 1 second and then go blank. I noticed this behavior before so I just left the File Browser docked. Now I would like to be able to use the Info pallette when the File Browser is floating. Is there something I am missing here? I have done a clean install since I first saw this behavior about 1 year ago so I figure it is not Windows. Thank you as always.

Gary

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 4, 2004
sounds like a video driver issue. check for new drivers at the manufacturer’s web site.
GH
Gary_Hummell
Mar 4, 2004
You may be correct. The problem has persisted through 3 Radeon driver upgrades. Probably I’ll just leave it docked. Thanks for the suggestion.
Gary
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 4, 2004
you can double check if that’s it if you go to control panel> display> settings> advanced> troubleshooting and turn off hardware acceleration. if the problem goes away it’s the driver.

what radeon? i have an ati AIW 9700 pro that works fine. previous was an ATI AIW Rage 128. I’ve never had a driver problem with them that wasn’t fixed within a day or three.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections