G
Posted By
giftmugs
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 7.01 with WinXP and cannot create any images with a transparent background. When "transparent" is checked, the new window always opens with an all white background, no matter what.

I checked your FAQs, and did searches but could not find any help on how to restore the "transparent" background option. I even re-installed Photoshop but all is still the same.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Mar 7, 2004
What mode are you creating the new image in? Have you checked your preferences to make sure that you should be displaying a checkerboard pattern for transparencies? What is the name of the layer that is displayed in the palette when you do File|New… with transparency checked?

Peace,
Tony
G
giftmugs
Mar 7, 2004
Tony,
I am very impressed. Not only with your extremely speedy reply, but also with your answers. I checked in "Preferences" and there it was.

I finally have the transparent, checkered, background back. I had never thought of the Preferences option. I’ll not forget this.
Many, many thanks for your help.
Y
YrbkMgr
Mar 7, 2004
Glad you got it sorted <smile>.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections