TW
Posted By
TIM_WADE
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photo of a home with a background of scenery. I need to save the picture of the home on a clear background so I can insert it into another program on top of a different background. The other program is a home design program and only accepts inserting BMP images. If I could insert GIF files I can easily have the transparant background but I can’t use GIF. Is there anyway through layers or ???? to save the photo of the home and not end up with the home on a white rectangle, but instead end up with the home on a transaparant background??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 30, 2003
Tim, really the only way to do this if you can is to remove the white background in your other program because there is no way that i know of that you can save transparency with bmp files. Another way is to bring the backgound out of your other program and put it into Elements and do the work in there.
JG
JR Gardiner
Dec 30, 2003
I have a suggestion – can’t promise anything though:
Do the cut out in ps2 in a separate layer, then
using the magic wand select it. Use the short cut
keys (ctl/insert) to copy it to the clip board. Open
your design program and paste it again using the
short keys (shift/insert). Depends on the design
program but worth a shot

Regards,
John Gardiner

wrote in message
I have a photo of a home with a background of scenery. I need to save the
picture of the home on a clear background so I can insert it into another program on top of a different background. The other program is a home design program and only accepts inserting BMP images. If I could insert GIF files I can easily have the transparant background but I can’t use GIF. Is there anyway through layers or ???? to save the photo of the home and not end up with the home on a white rectangle, but instead end up with the home on a transaparant background??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections