April Lee
Oct 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there guys

I’m having weird problem with my PS 7.0
I had to format clean the drive because after upgrading from XP Home to PRO had problems running the computer.
I format and put up new XP pro service pack 2.
Start installing back my software and PS 7.0 was first in the queue. I notice that whenever I right click an image – open with – and pick photoshop – it open the program but the image does not appear. No matter what image , gif , jpg , png or bmp. The program opens but see no image.

I remove , reinstall , same story. It has never happen before on XP home so I’m suspecting it’s a Xp Pro thing but absolutely can’t find reason why would that happen.
Did any of you experience such problems before ?
Perhaps you have some advice ?
Any feedback welcome.

Thank you

regards

April

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Broga
Oct 23, 2004
I would guess it’s a problem caused by SP2 which sets the file associations.in favour of M$ proggies e.g. Picture and Fax viewer. Similar problems regarding ‘Open with ‘ have been raised in a number of tech forums recently

An uninstall and re-install of PS might not fix the problem because the original install will have left the registry entries which are part of the problem.

Try using a registry cleaner after uninstalling PS and then re-install again

www.micromountain.com
"April Lee" wrote in message
Hi there guys

I’m having weird problem with my PS 7.0
I had to format clean the drive because after upgrading from XP Home to PRO had problems running the computer.
I format and put up new XP pro service pack 2.
Start installing back my software and PS 7.0 was first in the queue. I notice that whenever I right click an image – open with – and pick photoshop – it open the program but the image does not appear. No matter what image , gif , jpg , png or bmp. The program opens but see no image.

I remove , reinstall , same story. It has never happen before on XP home so I’m suspecting it’s a Xp Pro thing but absolutely can’t find reason why would that happen.
Did any of you experience such problems before ?
Perhaps you have some advice ?
Any feedback welcome.

Thank you

regards

April
AL
April Lee
Oct 24, 2004
broga wrote:
I would guess it’s a problem caused by SP2 which sets the file associations.in favour of M$ proggies e.g. Picture and Fax viewer. Similar problems regarding ‘Open with ‘ have been raised in a number of tech forums recently

An uninstall and re-install of PS might not fix the problem because the original install will have left the registry entries which are part of the problem.

Try using a registry cleaner after uninstalling PS and then re-install again

Thank you , will try that
Appreciate

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections