Does Photoshop CS work *substantially* faster with a hyper-threading P4?

G
Posted By
ggull
Nov 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m considering upgrading my ‘puter and wondering if I’d see a substantial difference in using PS CS with a 2.8 GHz P4 and a 3.06 P4 w/HT (otherwise pretty equivalent systems), more that is than the 10% or so difference from pure GHz alone. That is, with PS the only program running, not trying to do a virus scan or play games or … in the background.

Any actual experience/testimonials as opposed to theorizing?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
bagal
Nov 6, 2004
Mais oui ggull cherche vous

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/145693/0

et bien regards
etc

There are many that would crib the test – partly because it is too real world as opposed to sanitised lab test.

Personally, I am drafting/researching my dual AMD64 bit setup on a Tyan mobo 🙂

Aerticus

"ggull" wrote in message
I’m considering upgrading my ‘puter and wondering if I’d see a substantial difference in using PS CS with a 2.8 GHz P4 and a 3.06 P4 w/HT (otherwise pretty equivalent systems), more that is than the 10% or so difference from
pure GHz alone. That is, with PS the only program running, not trying to do
a virus scan or play games or … in the background.

Any actual experience/testimonials as opposed to theorizing?
H
Hecate
Nov 7, 2004
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:59:02 -0500, "ggull"
wrote:

I’m considering upgrading my ‘puter and wondering if I’d see a substantial difference in using PS CS with a 2.8 GHz P4 and a 3.06 P4 w/HT (otherwise pretty equivalent systems), more that is than the 10% or so difference from pure GHz alone. That is, with PS the only program running, not trying to do a virus scan or play games or … in the background.

Hyperthreading has no effe3ct on PS other than, in one report I read, to slow it down. If you really want to speed up PS buy a system based on an AMD 64.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
B
bagal
Nov 7, 2004
This is well received Hecate – thanks for shring the insight

I was tending towards AMD 64 bit setupo anyway and this further encourages me along those line

mucho gracias

Aerticus

"Hecate" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:59:02 -0500, "ggull"
wrote:

I’m considering upgrading my ‘puter and wondering if I’d see a substantial difference in using PS CS with a 2.8 GHz P4 and a 3.06 P4 w/HT (otherwise pretty equivalent systems), more that is than the 10% or so difference from
pure GHz alone. That is, with PS the only program running, not trying to do
a virus scan or play games or … in the background.

Hyperthreading has no effe3ct on PS other than, in one report I read, to slow it down. If you really want to speed up PS buy a system based on an AMD 64.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections