RM
Posted By
Raymond_McKinley
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS 7.01, I accidentally locked a layer and want to unlock it, I am unable to find out how to do this, I can’t use the history states because the step was done more than 20 steps ago. Does anyone know how to do this?

Raymond

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 14, 2004
Select the layer, look in the Layer Palette, click the padlock icon. For a Background layer, you need to rename it, by double-clicking it.
RM
Raymond_McKinley
Apr 14, 2004
Mathias

Thanks, Clicking the padlock icon was one of the first things I tried, but that doesn’t remove the lock from the layer, Maybe it is a combination lock <g>

Raymond
RM
Raymond_McKinley
Apr 14, 2004
Mathias

My apologies, I just clicked the padlock icon again and surprise, it toggles between the lock and unlock state. I guess this problem is one of those that goes away when you reboot. Thanks again

Raymond
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 14, 2004
YouΒ΄re welcome. Glad you got it sorted.
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Apr 14, 2004
I guess this problem is one of those that goes away when you reboot. Thanks again

Maybe so. I have seen it several times too. Suddenly I see a lock on a layer and can’t get rid of it again. Actually I don’t even know how I’ve locked it. It’s not by clicking on the padlock icon and that’s for sure.

Regards
Madsen
C
chadda
Apr 14, 2004
Drag the locked layer down and copy it, then dump the locked one.
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Apr 14, 2004
Drag the locked layer down and copy it, then dump the locked one.

Thanks. I’ll try that next time it happens.

Regards
Madsen
C
chadda
Apr 14, 2004
I tend to understand only the simplest of steps. I am glad that I could help, Thomas. πŸ™‚

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections