SK
Posted By
Schraalhans Keukenmeester
Dec 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A friend of mine purchased the Canon D30 camera. Its RAW images are saved in CR2 format, not .CRW as before.

Does anyone know whether Photoshop 8 CS supports import of this newer format ? He currently works in PS6 and wants to know whether upgrading to 8 would eliminate the extra step of converting to PS-editable formats.

Thanks
Schraalhans

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nomail
Dec 27, 2004
Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:

A friend of mine purchased the Canon D30 camera. Its RAW images are saved in CR2 format, not .CRW as before.

Does anyone know whether Photoshop 8 CS supports import of this newer format ? He currently works in PS6 and wants to know whether upgrading to 8 would eliminate the extra step of converting to PS-editable formats.

The Canon D30 is a very OLD camera. It was introduced in 2000. Are you sure you don’t mean the EOS 20D? Photoshop CS does support that, after you have upgraded the CameraRAW plugin to the latest (beta) version.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
EG
Eric Gill
Dec 27, 2004
Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote in news:41d01629$0
$6206$:

No, they are not. Unless, of course, he actually bought a 20D or a 1DMKII.

Yes.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections