Posted By
maya
Mar 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi,

I’m on a pc (XP), PS CS2 won’t open .NEF files.. I just need to open them and convert them to .jpg’s.. but PS wont open them, when I try to open a .NEF file PS says it’s not "the right kind of document"..

(at home I can open them with CS3.. but here at work, on CS2, I can’t open them..)

thank you..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JB
just bob
Mar 7, 2008
"maya" wrote in message
hi,

I’m on a pc (XP), PS CS2 won’t open .NEF files.. I just need to open them and convert them to .jpg’s.. but PS wont open them, when I try to open a .NEF file PS says it’s not "the right kind of document"..
(at home I can open them with CS3.. but here at work, on CS2, I can’t open them..)

Can you download and install the Adobe DNG converter (actually there is no install it’s just a single executable which opens a GUI and converts a folder of RAW files).

Works great for getting new RAW files into CS2.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1 06&platform=windows

-Bob
J
Jim
Mar 7, 2008
"maya" wrote in message
hi,

thank you..
You have a camera that is too new to be included in the version of ACR that comes with CS2.
Every camera has a specific format of the NEF.
Jim
J
Joe
Mar 7, 2008
maya wrote:

hi,

thank you..

I may already answered your question before, or may be someone else? And the answer is still Photoshop itself doesn’t do RAW but the ARC comes with it does.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections