D
Posted By
DavidRFrick
May 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a new computer and want to install my registered copy of Photoshop 7. My Photoshop 7 was an upgrade. When I try to install from the Photoshop 7 disk, it says it cannot find the original installation.

How can I install Photoshop 7 on a new computer?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
May 9, 2004
what was your full version you used to get the upgrade to 7? (6? 5? etc.) use the original full version of photoshop disk when 7 asks for verification. you must have an older version for an upgrade to work.

are you saying you never bought a full version? if so you’ll need to purchase the full version of photoshop as you can’t leagally upgrade without it.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 9, 2004
Still got the previous media, right?
Just put it in when it prompts to verify, then put the 7 back in to continue installation.

The previous version does NOT have to be installed, but you need it for a minute.

Mac
D
DavidRFrick
May 10, 2004
My problem is that I do not have the original CD. I discarded it thinking that I only needed the current version.

I registered my original Photoshop software (I beleieve it was version 4) with Adobe at the time of purchase. When I log on to the Adbobe site and view my account it shows that I have a registered version of Photoshop as well as PageMaker, Acrobat and Premier.

How can I install a registered upgrade version when I did not save the original CD?
B
BobLevine
May 10, 2004
It’s good that you’re registered. Call Adobe Customer Support and explain the situation, they’ll give you direction on getting your software installed.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
May 10, 2004
right. good software practices (in this case, registering expensive software) saves the day! call adobe!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections