Is it possible to do dotted lines in Photoshop?

I
Posted By
imsam
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to do dotted lines in Photoshop? May be even some cool styles i.e. a dot and a dash, or two dots and a dash, etc.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JR
John_R_Nielsen
May 10, 2004
All you need to do is set the brush spacing to more than 100%. This produces a nice dotted line.

With the brush engine that appeard in v7, you can do dashed lines with a rectangulr brush, and the brush dynamics set to follow the direction of the stroke. I find the results sort of chunky-looking, though, and would prefer to use Illustrator for dashed lines, which can give you the cool styles quickly and easily.
SF
Scott_Falkner
May 10, 2004
If you have Illustrator you can do it there, then place into Photoshop layer.
I
imsam
May 11, 2004
Thanks for the response.
RO
r.overall
Jul 22, 2004
You can produce a dotted line in photoshop by accessing the brush presets and altering the spacing. You can also alter the alignment but photoshop seems to always keep the elliptical brushes in the same direction unlike Illustrator where they can follow the direction of the path.As long as you keep a round brush shape you can make the dots follow a path drawn with the pen tool or converted from a selection quite nicely.Hope this helps.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections