Posted By
greenwise
Dec 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
greenwise
Dec 21, 2006
Is there anyway to make a dotted line in CS2? Manuals and everything I find refers to adjusting the spacing but I can’t find that option anywhere.

thanks
J
JasonSmith
Dec 21, 2006
You can do this in layer styles – apply a layer style stroke, and set the stroke fill to ‘pattern’.

But before you to THAT, you need to create a checkerboard like pattern.
JF
john_findley
Dec 21, 2006
I’ve found the easiest way for me is to create a path, go to Text on path, do a bunch of hyphens along the path.
PF
Peter_Figen
Dec 21, 2006
Just change the spacing on your brush until you get the type of dot you want. The standard spacing is 25%, but higher percentages will yield a brush stroke with no overlap. Experiment to get the spacing you want.
CB
charles badland
Dec 21, 2006
If you have a rectangular brush, you can go in the Brush Palette to Shape Dynamics>Angle Jitter and choose Direction to have the brush tip shape follow a path. (Remember to increase its Spacing as suggested).
Result is sort-of how a dashed line looks in Illustrator (a couple problems on sharp corners, but not a bad result.)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections