LL
Posted By
Leo Lichtman
Oct 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop Elements 4. Just for the practice, and to see whether I could, I tore a black and white picture out of the newspaper and scanned it. I used Gaussian blur to make the screen barely disappear. I then applied all the usual techniques to improve contrast, sharpen edges and remove specks and unwanted blemishes.

I wound up with a fairly respectable result, but there was a fair amount of labor involved. Are there things I could have done better, or more easily? Joe, I thank you in advance for any help 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ND
Norm Dresner
Oct 19, 2008
"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
|I use Photoshop Elements 4. Just for the practice, and to see whether I | could, I tore a black and white picture out of the newspaper and scanned it.
| I used Gaussian blur to make the screen barely disappear. I then applied | all the usual techniques to improve contrast, sharpen edges and remove | specks and unwanted blemishes.
|
| I wound up with a fairly respectable result, but there was a fair amount of
| labor involved. Are there things I could have done better, or more easily?
| Joe, I thank you in advance for any help 🙂
|

Depends on your scanner and its software but many actually have a native function for suppressing halftones.

Norm
RG
Roy G
Oct 19, 2008
"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
I use Photoshop Elements 4. Just for the practice, and to see whether I could, I tore a black and white picture out of the newspaper and scanned it. I used Gaussian blur to make the screen barely disappear. I then applied all the usual techniques to improve contrast, sharpen edges and remove specks and unwanted blemishes.

I wound up with a fairly respectable result, but there was a fair amount of labor involved. Are there things I could have done better, or more easily? Joe, I thank you in advance for any help 🙂

I might have been inclined to turn on "Descreen" in the scanner software.

Roy G
LL
Leo Lichtman
Oct 20, 2008
Thanks, Norm and Roy. Now I have to figure out whether my HP three-in-one scanner has this feature, and how to access it.
T
Tacit
Oct 21, 2008
In article <US1Lk.82417$>,
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

Thanks, Norm and Roy. Now I have to figure out whether my HP three-in-one scanner has this feature, and how to access it.

If it doesn’t, there’s an old munchkin trick that often helps when scanning halftoned originals on a flatbed scanner. Take several sheets of clear acetate, lay them on the scanner bed, and lay the original on top of that. It pushes the original out of focus just a little bit, just enough to help remove the screen.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections