BS
Posted By
Bob_Schmitt
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In other versions of Dreamweaver, <CTRL>Z did the same as Edit > Undo, <CTRL>D would deselect a selected area, etc.

These combinations don’t work for me using Photoshop CS. I checked the Keyboard Shortcuts item on the Edit menu and everything looks correct (I didn’t change any, either). I am using a standard keyboard on a Windows XP system.

Any ideas? I miss those keyboard shortcuts. TIA

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobLevine
May 11, 2004
See the FAQs. The only common reasons for this are the need for an updated keyboard driver or the use of an illegally hacked copy of Photoshop.

Bob
BS
Bob_Schmitt
May 11, 2004
Thank you, but I should have mentioned that I checked the FAQ’s and I purchased two copies of the Creative Suite through my company which I registered so I am not using illegally hacked software.

The keyboard shutcuts are still not working on either of my PC’s, both new Dell’s.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 11, 2004
Bob Schmitt,

As Robert Levine mentioned, the other solution is likely that you need to update your keyboard drivers. In that regard, I believe it is Logitech keyboards where the problem has been seen but if you’re using another brand I would still suggest you search for a driver update.

Regards,

Daryl
BS
Bob_Schmitt
May 11, 2004
They are both Logitech (one corded the other cordless), so I’ll look for newer drivers.

A friend emailed me that this happened to him so he uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it worked fine after that for him.

Thank you!
DM
dave_milbut
May 11, 2004
are you sure the tech guys at your company didn’t install the activation crack so they wouldn’t have to be bothered activating it?
MG
Marita_Grims
May 14, 2004
Do you use an English keyboard? I had the same problem in Illustrator and Photoshop where I could use some of the keyboard shortcuts, but not all. The reason was simple, I use an English version of the programs, but my keyboard is a Norwegian keyboard (with three extra letters).
RS
Robert_Schmitt
May 15, 2004
This software just sucks. Photoshop is a great program, but the installation problems are way too much.

I did a total uninstall of Creative Suite CS Premium, reinstalled, and now I can’t open Photoshop at all. I keep getting the error message "Could not complete your request because of missing or invalid personalization information"

I went to Support Knowledgebase, uninstalled & reinstalled, did the registry fix, still can’t get the program to start.

So I called Technical Support (what a joke) — after answering all of their questions the idiot tells me there’s no free help except during regular business hours Monday through Friday.

Now I can’t do my work over the weekend.

Adobe should be ashamed of itself.
B
BobLevine
May 15, 2004
You’d get more help if you started a new thread for a new topic. You problem has nothing to do with keyboard shortcuts.

But you might try trashing your preferences. Details in the FAQs.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections