D
Posted By
Dave
Mar 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve cut out a picture from a jpeg. The photo was against a dark background and I cut it using the magic wand. I want to put the image onto a lighter background and remove the jagged edges with anti-aliasing. I’m sure this is very straighforward but I’ve had no luck so far. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
paul
Mar 4, 2005
Dave wrote:

I’ve cut out a picture from a jpeg. The photo was against a dark background and I cut it using the magic wand. I want to put the image onto a lighter background and remove the jagged edges with anti-aliasing. I’m sure this is very straighforward but I’ve had no luck so far. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

A feathered selection might work.
H
Hecate
Mar 4, 2005
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 05:46:23 -0800, paul wrote:

Dave wrote:

A feathered selection might work.

….especially if you contract the select by a pixel or two beforehand.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections