A
Posted By
Alex
Mar 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some reason the usual Windows keyboard shortcuts don’t work on PHOTOSHOP CS 8. None of the standard Windows shortcuts like Crtl-S, Ctrl-W work. They work ok in Illustrator but not PS. I went into the Keyboard set up and I see them but I can’t edit them or change them in any way.

Whats up with that?

Al

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Stephan
Mar 9, 2005
Alex wrote:
For some reason the usual Windows keyboard shortcuts don’t work on PHOTOSHOP CS 8. None of the standard Windows shortcuts like Crtl-S, Ctrl-W work. They work ok in Illustrator but not PS. I went into the Keyboard set up and I see them but I can’t edit them or change them in any way.
Whats up with that?

Easy, you most likely got PS on the internet and you got a bad crack

Stephan
S
SpaceGirl
Mar 9, 2005
Alex wrote:
Whats up with that?

Al

Stephans reply is correct. You basically just published the fact you are using an illegal copy of the program. Well done.

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
SW
Steven Wandy
Mar 11, 2005
Stephans reply is correct. You basically just published the fact you are using an illegal copy of the program. Well done.
Wasn’t there also a posting about certain keyboards and their drivers not working properly?
S
SpaceGirl
Mar 11, 2005
Steven Wandy wrote:

Wasn’t there also a posting about certain keyboards and their drivers not working properly?

Not something I’ve heard of… not even sure HOW that could effect an application. They keyboard is pressented as a dumb device to applications. You usually done even NEED a driver.
TT
Tom Thomas
Mar 11, 2005
SpaceGirl wrote:

Steven Wandy wrote:

Not something I’ve heard of… not even sure HOW that could effect an application. They keyboard is pressented as a dumb device to applications. You usually done even NEED a driver.

Keyboards do indeed use a driver, although most function using the default driver provided with the operating system. If you’re using Windows, take a look at the keyboard in "Device Manager" and you’ll see the version of the driver being used.

Certain older Logitech keyboard drivers can cause keyboard shortcuts to stop functioning in CS. While it’s a rare circumstance, it can happen. A more common explanation for failed shortcuts is a badly cracked copy of the software, but it’s not the _only_ possible explanation.
——————
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
B
Brian
Mar 11, 2005
SpaceGirl wrote:
Steven Wandy wrote:

Actually, even a graphics tablet with out of date driver can affect programmes. I had an old wacom tablet which was not really XP compatible and it slowed my filters down dramtically. If I had the tablet mouse on the tablet, filters would take forever, lift it off the tablet, bingo – instant filter!
Are you from the UK Spacegirl? The midlands even? Just curious.

Brian.
H
Hecate
Mar 11, 2005
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:10:35 +0000, SpaceGirl
wrote:

Steven Wandy wrote:

There is one get out clause – there is a known problem with Logitech keyboard drivers which was solved a couple of months after PS came out and the new driver is downloadable from Logitech.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
H
Hecate
Mar 11, 2005
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:35:46 +1100, Brian
wrote:

There are a few of us Poms around, cobber 😉

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
B
Brian
Mar 12, 2005
Hecate wrote:

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:35:46 +1100, Brian
wrote:

There are a few of us Poms around, cobber 😉

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Oh really, I am from England origianally myself Hecate, but have been in Australia since 1978. It was something Spacegirl said that sounded so typically English, that is why I asked.
Hope all is going well for you Hecate, have not spoken to you in some time. I have been over in the opposition camp for awhile LOL. I always enjoy reading your comments in here, usually informative, amusing, or both. Occasionally a little sarcastic, always good for a laugh those ones! Be good,
Brian
H
Hecate
Mar 12, 2005
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:22:46 +1100, Brian
wrote:

Oh really, I am from England origianally myself Hecate, but have been in Australia since 1978. It was something Spacegirl said that sounded so typically English, that is why I asked.
Hope all is going well for you Hecate, have not spoken to you in some time. I have been over in the opposition camp for awhile LOL. I always enjoy reading your comments in here, usually informative, amusing, or both. Occasionally a little sarcastic, always good for a laugh those ones! Be good,
Brian

Thanks Brian. Were you from the Midlands?

Behave? Nah, I’m going to grow old disgracefully 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
B
Brian
Mar 12, 2005
Hecate wrote:

wrote:

Brian

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Hi Hecate,

I was born in the North (Southport), came to Australia very young, then returned to the UK and lived in the West Midlands for 6 yrs. Came back to Australia after that. Gee was that an experience! The accents in the West Midlands are rather "interesting" LOL.
Just looking up that Hecate Greek Mythology now. Cheers,

Brian.
B
Brian
Mar 12, 2005
Hecate wrote:

wrote:

Brian

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Hi Hecate,

I was born in the North (Southport), came to Australia very young, then returned to the UK and lived in the West Midlands for 6 yrs. Came back to Australia after that. Gee was that an experience! The accents in the West Midlands are rather "interesting" LOL.

Brian.
B
Brian
Mar 13, 2005
Brian wrote:

Hecate wrote:

wrote:

Hope all is going well for you Hecate, have not spoken to you in some time. I have been over in the opposition camp for awhile LOL. I always enjoy reading your comments in here, usually informative, amusing, or both. Occasionally a little sarcastic, always good for a laugh those ones!
Be good,
Brian

Hecate – The Real One
veni, vidi, reliqui

Hi Hecate,

Brian.

Sorry about the double-posting, especially with a message of that type! (embarrassing). I am using Mozilla Thunderbird and it often gives me an error message saying my post did not go through, so I resend it. I ought to know by now to ignore that message….the posts always go through (eventually).

Brian.
H
Hecate
Mar 13, 2005
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:03:07 +1100, Brian
wrote:

Hi Hecate,

Ah, the Black Country, ducks… 🙂

<g>

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
H
Hecate
Mar 13, 2005
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:17:38 +1100, Brian
wrote:

Sorry about the double-posting, especially with a message of that type! (embarrassing). I am using Mozilla Thunderbird and it often gives me an error message saying my post did not go through, so I resend it. I ought to know by now to ignore that message….the posts always go through (eventually).
LOL! And her was me thinking you thought the message was so good you’d post it twice 😉

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections