GK
Posted By
Gregg_Kleynhans
May 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When trying to save for the web… just before pressing save I get a "Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed" message.

Please help.
Gregg

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mick_Murphy
May 27, 2004
Try deleting your Save For Web prefs by holding ctrl-alt when you go to SFW.
GK
Gregg_Kleynhans
May 27, 2004
I pressed reset button ..tried to save again… Nothing same error?
MM
Mick_Murphy
May 27, 2004
I don’t know I’m afraid. That is the solution that seems to have worked for several people who had this error message.
GK
Gregg_Kleynhans
May 27, 2004
WHAAAAAA. wonder where else i can check or what to do. Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated!
MM
Mick_Murphy
May 27, 2004
Perhaps try manually deleting the Adobe Save For Web 8.0 Prefs file which on XP and PSCS is located in:

:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Adobe\Save For Web\8.0

If this doesn’t work, try deleting your normal PS prefs file as well. Failing that, then perhaps an over-the-top reinstall might work?? Failing these, I haven’t a clue but I wish you luck.
GK
Gregg_Kleynhans
May 27, 2004
went into registry…deleted \Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Adobe\Save For Web\8.0.

it worx …

THANKS EVERYONE FOR DAMN FAST HELP.
GREGG
GK
Gregg_Kleynhans
May 27, 2004
wonder what was the cause?
MM
Mick_Murphy
May 27, 2004
I didn’t suggest editing the registry but glad it worked. No idea what causes it but it seems quite common.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 27, 2004
From what he posted he didn’t go into registry, just HD.

M

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections