KT
Posted By
Kenneth_Turley
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have searched this forum to find answers to a problem I have been having. It seems no answer has been found. I am running Photoshop CS on a Windows XP machine, 768 MB 1.8Ghz machine. I had a previous installation that worked great for ~6 months. My hard drive died, so I put in a completely new hard drive, and just installed Windows XP. I have loaded 2 other programs before loading Photoshop, and I get this crazy error:

DLL: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

ADobe PHotoshop: A required application failed to load and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application.

"Solutions" have been to re-edit the registry, which I have not tried yet as that was not confirmed to have solved the problem. Other people suggested deleting some temporary files, so I tried that with no success. Any ideas yet?

If I can provide any other information that might help get to the solution, let me know.

Thanks!
Ken

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KT
Kenneth_Turley
Jun 2, 2004
The other thing is that each time this happens (and I have uninstalled and reinstalled CS about 7 times), Adobe asks for me to authorize the software again. It keeps working, but I don’t know why it keeps thinking that my hardware state has changed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections