PC
Posted By
Pea C
Jun 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When retouching old BW photographs there is impossible to see well the cursor (i.e. the stamp tool) – both cursor and the background are of the same color (grey) and density. How to change the cursor to another color? Thanx in advance.

Pea C
(ask me for the right e-mail address)
If I have seen farther it is because I have stood on the shoulder of giants.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Stephan
Jun 3, 2005
You can’t.
Press the space bar to locate your tool when you lost it, it will change into a white hand icon.

Stephan

Pea C wrote:
When retouching old BW photographs there is impossible to see well the cursor (i.e. the stamp tool) – both cursor and the background are of the same color (grey) and density. How to change the cursor to another color? Thanx in advance.
PC
Pea C
Jun 3, 2005
Stephan napsal(a):
You can’t.
Press the space bar to locate your tool when you lost it, it will change into a white hand icon.

Stephan

Pea C wrote:

When retouching old BW photographs there is impossible to see well the cursor (i.e. the stamp tool) – both cursor and the background are of the same color (grey) and density. How to change the cursor to another color?
Thanx in advance.

Ok, tks.

Pea C
K
KatWoman
Jun 3, 2005
I have this issue too, my photographer shoots most all the studio shots on studio gray, so even in color I frequently can’t see my cursor. Since he’s been using digital and my new scanner removes a lot of dust on the slides in the software I have a lot less spotting than I used to . Seems Adobe should have thought of being able to have a different color cursor for BW photos as you can customize almost any other tool (grid colors, guides etc). I was hoping to see this feature in CS or CS2. Someone told me a workaround using channels? or some such thing but I can’t remember.

"Pea C" wrote in message

Pea C
BP
Barry Pearson
Jun 4, 2005
KatWoman wrote:
I have this issue too, my photographer shoots most all the studio shots on studio gray, so even in color I frequently can’t see my cursor. Since he’s been using digital and my new scanner removes a lot of dust on the slides in the software I have a lot less spotting than I used to . Seems Adobe should have thought of being able to have a different color cursor for BW photos as you can customize almost any other tool (grid colors, guides etc). I was hoping to see this feature in CS or CS2. Someone told me a workaround using channels? or some such thing but I can’t remember.

CS2 is much better. In the case of coloured images, the colour of the cursor varies according to the background. If the cursor is large, for example a large stamp cursor, the colour varies round the circumference. In the case of B&W, it remains grey, but darkens on a light background, and vice versa. (Why not use colour in the case of B&W? Oh well, much better than it was).

At last! I’ve been struggling using the "space bar" work-around for years.

Barry Pearson
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/
http://www.birdsandanimals.info/
K
KatWoman
Jun 4, 2005
Wow another reason to get CS2, thanks for the info
wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:
I have this issue too, my photographer shoots most all the studio shots on
studio gray, so even in color I frequently can’t see my cursor. Since he’s
been using digital and my new scanner removes a lot of dust on the slides in
the software I have a lot less spotting than I used to . Seems Adobe should
have thought of being able to have a different color cursor for BW photos as
you can customize almost any other tool (grid colors, guides etc). I was hoping to see this feature in CS or CS2. Someone told me a workaround using
channels? or some such thing but I can’t remember.

CS2 is much better. In the case of coloured images, the colour of the cursor varies according to the background. If the cursor is large, for example a large stamp cursor, the colour varies round the circumference. In the case of B&W, it remains grey, but darkens on a light background, and vice versa. (Why not use colour in the case of B&W? Oh well, much better than it was).

At last! I’ve been struggling using the "space bar" work-around for years.

Barry Pearson
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/
http://www.birdsandanimals.info/
T
Tacit
Jun 4, 2005
In article <67f11$42a0a74a$52776b94$>,
Pea C wrote:

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

On the Mac, this is easy to do. On the PC, you can’t, because of a limitation in the Windows operating environment.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
PC
Pea C
Jun 4, 2005
Tacit napsal(a):
In article <67f11$42a0a74a$52776b94$>,
Pea C wrote:

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

On the Mac, this is easy to do. On the PC, you can’t, because of a limitation in the Windows operating environment.

I’m on a PC. Though, thanx to you all for the opinions.

Pea C

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections