DT
Posted By
Dominique Tomei
Jul 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m finally getting comfortabe using PS7 to modify and enhance my photos – I’m now ready to start printing my work. I have no problem printing 4X6 unchanged photos directly from the camera – sometimes there’s a little cropping, but for the most part they look fine.

My problem starts when I try to print photos to which I’ve added a mat and frame. I don’t know how to maintain the appropriate aspect ratio for printing to 4×6, 5×7 and 8×10 size formats. (I know what the appropriate ratios are, e.g. 1 : 1.5, I just don’t know how to transform the photos to make them "fit".) I suspect that in the process of creating the mat and frame I should be taking their measurements into consideration, but I’m not sure even how to begin doing that… If anyone can point me in the right direction, or to a detailed tutorial on this topic, I’d greatly appreciate it.

I apologize in advance if my "lingo" isn’t correct. I still have lots to learn!

This is a link to one of the photos I want to print, just in case I didn’t explain myself properly.

< http://www.walmartphotocentre.ca/walmartcanada/control/photo site/dtomei>

Thanks,

Dominique

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections