Posted By
JC_Homola
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI,
I need to ouput an image created in PS/cs for a print job. It’s to be outsourced in cmyk/.pdf format, I’m working in .psd format. Is there anywhere to embed these in PS? I’ve used the print with preview option, but it isn’t embedded, at least that I can tell

Help would be greatly appreciated!
THanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
May 4, 2004
You should be able to just open in PS…
JH
JC_Homola
May 4, 2004
Opening is not the issue.. How do you embed them so the print shop it is being sent to see’s them? I don’t see them in my original… I figure I’m doing something wrong.
JH
JC_Homola
May 5, 2004
I realize I wasn’t clear in my original post. What I’m trying to embed is the printer marks,, those used for cutting the printed output to correct size.
LC
Larry CdeBaca
May 5, 2004
I think you’re overthinking this.
‘Print with Preview’ allows you to print with registration marks, corner crop marks, center crop marks. Isn’t it up to the print shop to do the registration in their DTP software?

wrote in message
HI,
I need to ouput an image created in PS/cs for a print job. It’s to be
outsourced in cmyk/.pdf format, I’m working in .psd format. Is there anywhere to embed these in PS? I’ve used the print with preview option, but it isn’t embedded, at least that I can tell
Help would be greatly appreciated!
THanks
L
LenHewitt
May 5, 2004
JC,

What I’m trying to embed is the printer marks<<

Aha!

You will need to add those manually to an expanded canvas
JH
JC_Homola
May 5, 2004
THank you.. I had come to that conclusion,, but was hoping for a miracle.. Appreciate your response.
RL
Robert_Levine
May 5, 2004
Do you have InDesign? If so, just place the PDF there in a document the final size and export as PDF again with crop and bleed marks.

Bob
JH
JC_Homola
May 5, 2004
Thank you,,,, I woke shouting Euraka.. of course just use another program.. I get stuck sometimes wanting PS being the only program in the world!

Appreciate your response.
DP
Deborah_Palmer
May 6, 2004
To get crop marks print regeistration marks etc. go to PRINT WITH PREVIEW click SHOW MORE OPTIONS there should be a dropdown box it may say colour management click and select OUTPUT. You can select what you need in here.
DP
Deborah_Palmer
May 6, 2004
To get crop marks print registration marks etc. go to PRINT WITH PREVIEW click SHOW MORE OPTIONS there should be a dropdown box it may say colour management click and select OUTPUT. You can select what you need in here.
RL
Robert_Levine
May 6, 2004
That’s only for print output, not saving as PDF.

Bob
DP
Deborah_Palmer
May 6, 2004
Oh yes, so it is.

Sorry mate, I can’t help you with this one.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections