text layers saved in PS 7 not valid in PS CS?

WL
Posted By
white lightning
Oct 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I have been having this problem since I installed Photoshop CS. I cannot get .psd files with text layers saved in PS 7 to open in PS CS. I get the error message: "Could not complete your request because the layer is not a valid text layer". For that reason, I am keeping both the versions in my computer. Obviously, I wanna get rid of PS 7 but if I do so, I won’t be able to open the files in CS. How should I do?

Thanks
Ben

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Oct 2, 2005
wrote:
I have been having this problem since I installed Photoshop CS. I cannot get .psd files with text layers saved in PS 7 to open in PS CS. I get the error message: "Could not complete your request because the layer is not a valid text layer". For that reason, I am keeping both the versions in my computer. Obviously, I wanna get rid of PS 7 but if I do so, I won’t be able to open the files in CS. How should I do?

Googling "Could not complete your request because the layer is not a valid text layer" didn’t help?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22Could+no t+complete+your+request+because+the+layer+is+not+a+valid+tex t+layer%22&btnG=Search

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
WL
white lightning
Oct 2, 2005
i tried that but everyone seems to be having same problem and not much real solution there… i am using ps cs me version.. perhaps me had some problem opening text layers.. i don’t know…

Ben

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections