EL
Posted By
Emily_Loomer
Jan 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using photoshop elements for quite a while…and have only encountered this problem on ONE computer. When I open a new file…even if i select RGB or Greyscale / Transparent, White or Background fill when I go to add a text layer…the whole document turns pink and I can’t add layers. Help said that layers are not supported in Indexed Color and BMP files…so I checked it was an RGB file and the file DID accept layers…just not my text layer. I could drag and drop a text layer into the document, but I could not create one just by clicking the Text tool on the image.

PLEASE…if anyone has any insight into this problem I would VERY much appreciate some assistance.

Emily

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 15, 2004
The only thing I can think of other than everything else you already checked on is that the mask selection option for text has been turned on. When you click the text tool be sure it’s set to the default ‘apply text’…buttons above screen on left.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 15, 2004
Emily, Jodi has the right answer for you. When you click on the Text tool and before you click on your image, go to the Text Toolbar at the top and see if the ‘T’ at the far left is dotted; if it is, the mask is turned on. Click on the ‘T’ next to it (Horizontal Type Tool) and your problem should be solved.

Chuck
EL
Emily_Loomer
Jan 16, 2004
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! I’ve been looking for a solution to that on my own for so long.

Emily
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 16, 2004
Emily, it’s good to see a solution yourself, but before you reach the point of total frustration, be sure to come back to the forum! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 17, 2004
ya and try not to pay attention to Chuck’s thread drifts 😉
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 17, 2004
Jodi, I’m old and I lose focus….
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 17, 2004
Chuck, i really thought you were going to return pointing fingers 😉
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 17, 2004
Jodi, not me!
🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 17, 2004
I AM the thread drift queen…but I always try and keep the Elements fair 😉
EL
Emily_Loomer
Jan 19, 2004
Glad to see my post could rile you old timers up this way!

The pleasure is ALL mine!

😛

Em

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections