C
Posted By
coxstephen
Jul 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since installing Photoshop double clicking on an icon in Explorer doesn’t open a preview of the image, it opens Photoshop instead.

How do I get the preview working again when I double click an icon. Also I want the icon to still be the photoshop one and not windows paint so I don’t want to just tell windows to always open a certain file type with another program.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bill Lamp
Jul 14, 2003
Colin,

I may be missing the point of this thread. If so, forgive me. But there are a number of different reasons you may want to use one of several different programs to open a picture.

FULL EDIT-Photoshop

Check and be sure you have the file name right before you e-mail it.-Thumbnail view.

A small picture (1024×700) needs a fast resize to send to someone with an 800×600 display.-CPIC’s resize to ?x? FRAME.

Start with one file and do a fast comparison with several adjacent to it in the directory-IView or CPIC.

I sure don’t need to see 24-36 or more (scans from a full roll of film to collection of rolls for one job) Photoshop icons with names below them and try to figure out which is what.
Personally, I have IView set as the default viewer with the folder view set to thumbnails. What is best for another will probably differ.

Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections