A
Posted By
Amolao
Jan 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open a picture from the web on CS and would like to know what was the camera pixel settings used (2MP, 5MP, 8MP,etc), where can I find this info??? I try the metadata, but dont see it there…

thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Jan 13, 2006
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:32:08 GMT, "amolao" found these unused words floating about:

When I open a picture from the web on CS and would like to know what was the camera pixel settings used (2MP, 5MP, 8MP,etc), where can I find this info??? I try the metadata, but dont see it there…

thanks
Many programs don’t save the EXIF data after the image has been manipulated.
CJ
C J Southern
Jan 13, 2006
"J. A. Mc." wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:32:08 GMT, "amolao" found these unused words floating about:

When I open a picture from the web on CS and would like to know what was the
camera pixel settings used (2MP, 5MP, 8MP,etc), where can I find this info??? I try the metadata, but dont see it there…

thanks

This works for CS2 – not sure about CS …

Open the image in PS
Alt-Click (and hold) where it says Doc: xx.xM/xx.xM
Multiply the two numbers (for height and width in pixels) together, and hey-presto you have as close as you’re going to get for the photos resolution.

Hope this helps.
J
jaSPAMc
Jan 13, 2006
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:57:12 +1300, "C J Southern" found these unused words floating about:

When I open a picture from the web on CS and would like to know what was the
camera pixel settings used (2MP, 5MP, 8MP,etc), where can I find this info??? I try the metadata, but dont see it there…

thanks

This works for CS2 – not sure about CS …

Open the image in PS
Multiply the two numbers (for height and width in pixels) together, and hey-presto you have as close as you’re going to get for the photos resolution.

Hope this helps.
That would only apply -IF- the image were not resized for the web. One rarely sees 2100×2800 ‘web’ imagery.
G
Gormless
Jan 13, 2006
"C J Southern" wrote in message
Open the image in PS

What rubbish you spout.
CJ
C J Southern
Jan 13, 2006

That would only apply -IF- the image were not resized for the web. One rarely sees 2100×2800 ‘web’ imagery.

Of course. I probably didn’t read the original question properly – I was thinking along the lines of the OP viewing photos from the likes of pbase.com users.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections