JH
Posted By
John Hudson
Feb 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop Elements 4 and a Canon E0S 350D camera. While I’m generally pleased with PSE, I’m infuriated that it won’t do as it’s told.

Under Edit | Preferences | Camera or Card Reader, I have removed the tick from "Use Adobe Photo Downloader to get photos from Camera or Card Reader". I have also tried changing the device in the Camera or Card Reader tab – first to "Photoshop Elements" and then to a USB scanner that is switched off. Whatever I do, both Elements Organiser AND the downloader continue to pop up whenever I connect my camera.

After this I tried going into the registry, where I found a value of 1 (True) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\4.0\Adobe Photo Downloader\Preferences\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. When I reset this to 0 (False), as it should be, the value only seemed to remain at False until I used the Preferences dialogue again. There is also a key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop
Elements\4.0\Organizer\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. I have set this to 0 but the application STILL pops up!

Has anybody any idea why this is happening? It is so annoying it’s almost enough to send me to a rival application. There seems to be nothing about the problem on Adobe’s web site, or in the newsgroups – only the advice to use the setting in the Preferences dialogue, which was the first thing I tried.

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0.0.0, Core Version: 20050909.r.075 – as far as I can tell, the latest update.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John H, Gateshead (UK)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
Dido
Feb 27, 2006
try getting ACDSee
from Dido

"John Hudson" wrote in message
I have Photoshop Elements 4 and a Canon E0S 350D camera. While I’m generally pleased with PSE, I’m infuriated that it won’t do as it’s told.
Under Edit | Preferences | Camera or Card Reader, I have removed the tick from "Use Adobe Photo Downloader to get photos from Camera or Card Reader". I have also tried changing the device in the Camera or Card Reader tab – first to "Photoshop Elements" and then to a USB scanner that is switched off. Whatever I do, both Elements Organiser AND the downloader continue to pop up whenever I connect my camera.

After this I tried going into the registry, where I found a value of 1 (True) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\4.0\Adobe Photo Downloader\Preferences\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. When I reset this to 0 (False), as it should be, the value only seemed to remain at False until I used the Preferences dialogue again. There is also a key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop
Elements\4.0\Organizer\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. I have set this to 0 but the application STILL pops up!

Has anybody any idea why this is happening? It is so annoying it’s almost enough to send me to a rival application. There seems to be nothing about the problem on Adobe’s web site, or in the newsgroups – only the advice to use the setting in the Preferences dialogue, which was the first thing I tried.

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0.0.0, Core Version: 20050909.r.075 – as far as I can tell, the latest update.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John H, Gateshead (UK)

JH
John Hudson
Apr 11, 2006
Still no luck – it’s still doing it. Am I the only one with this problem?

John H, Gateshead (UK)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections