D
Posted By
dineshtilva
Apr 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS2, Can I export any file format with used fonts file? (like .ttf or like atm).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Clyde
Apr 4, 2006
wrote:
I have Photoshop CS2, Can I export any file format with used fonts file? (like .ttf or like atm).

I’m not sure what you are asking or wanting to do. Are you trying to find out what formats save the font in it? Are trying to find out what formats save text as text with font information? Are you trying to pull fonts out of image files?

When I have a file with text that I want to keep as text, I save it as PSD. There are some other file formats that save text as text, but I don’t remember right now.

As far as I can tell, none of the file formats that CS2 uses save the actual font inside the file. I don’t believe any picture file format allows that. You can tell by Photoshop’s message about missing fonts when the text is still in the file.

Well, there is one exception. Photoshop saved PDF files will save the font inside the file. That’s because PDF allows that and very much needs it. Then again, it is a page description format and not a picture format. Based on that, EPS or straight Postscript should carry the font too.

Of course, that doesn’t make anything an actual font file. There are ways to pull fonts out of PDF files that don’t have anything to do with Photoshop, but I’ve never tried them. Remember that PDF files only include the font character that are actually used in that document. If all the characters aren’t used, the whole font isn’t there.

Clyde

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections